Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Oh, Canada!

I've never really had anything against Canada. In fact, my general experiences with our northern neighbor and the few Canadians I've had the pleasure of knowing have all been relatively pleasant. They have that neat bridge you cross over there by Niagara Falls where you can stand on the international boundary line, and you just have to love the way they say "aboot". Did I mention that I think moose are cute? And you just can't go wrong with maple syrup. I have a minor problem with the name of Toronto's hockey team but otherwise I consider my relationship with Canada to be fairly benign.

But as of this week, I have gained a newfound respect for our Canadian friends. Did you know that in the face their government being plagued by scandal and corruption, they just up and toppled the whole darn thing?! I mean, what do they think they've got going up there, a democracy or something? Who'd have thought they had it in them?*


*My favorite Canadian joke: "What does a Canadian say when you step on his foot? 'Sorry'."

1 comment:

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Yeah. Cheers to them. :D