Saturday, February 16, 2008

I see that I am obligated to post daily lest anyone should get the idea that this baby has finally decided to come out!

Today I thought I should treat myself to a relaxing pedicure. The last time I'd been in the salon was 3 weeks ago, when I told the staff that it would probably be my last pedicure for a while. Needless to say, they were a little surprised when I walked in today. Then, there was the joy of being able to respond "6 days ago" to the question "when are you due?".

I think I made the owners a little nervous--about every 15 minutes they looked over at me and said "Are you OK?!" I told them that while nothing would make me happier than to go into labor right then and there in the massaging pedicure chair, I was pretty sure they had nothing to worry about.

Last night we had pepperoni pizza for dinner and have been trying other "natural induction" methods at a rate that puts our honeymoon to shame. I started to get hopeful this morning when I had about 2 hours worth of regular contractions...but then they petered out and here I sit. I'm hoping it's a start though...

Still considering the castor oil method. Will see how I feel in the morning.

3 comments:

Jay said...

Thank you, sweetie. I do live for these updates. I've just come home quickly to change, and instead of poking myself in the eye with a mascara wand, I'm checking on your baby. I'm happy to see you are taking it easy, pampering yourself a little, even. I just adore your attitude. Are you sure you've never done this before? I am so impressed!!!!

Mary Beth said...

You really do have an amazing attitude. I start hiding about a week before I'm due and don't peek again until the baby is here. You're so much better at this than I am!

Baby Clare said...

It is decidedly silent here.

Anyone want to place bets on gender? My guess is boy.