Tuesday, March 06, 2007

the things you learn...

Today I had occasion to speak with our insurance agent about our homeowner's policy. While I had him on the phone, I thought it'd be a good time to ask about coverage for some of our more valuable possessions--namely, the computers and cameras. Here's what I learned:

We could get comprehensive coverage for the cameras that would cover loss or damage, except that caused by:

1) Nuclear holocaust (his exact words)
2) Chewing or gnawing by vermin

Damn, there goes my plan to capture a mushroom cloud on film while a rat dangles from my zoom lens.

7 comments:

karaokekitty said...

LOL!!!

Mary Beth said...

Did you let him know that you have a special place in your heart for vermin?

Jennifer said...

LMAO!!! I literally spewed coffee and almost fell over. Thanks for starting my day off with a smile!

Brom said...

Excellent!!

(Found you via Forever Blue Skies... I kinda Levered my way in)

You could always try a Bonsai Nuclear explosion?, still leaves the problem of the rat tho'

Lever said...

LOL

So you're NOT covered for rat chews but you're OK for "acts of god", right? Funny how insurance companies will pay out for something that will never happen but not for something that can...

Kat E said...

Glad to have inspired a few chuckles! Brom, thanks for stopping by.

Insurance companies are ridiculous.

Jay said...

Is that in the fine print, or do rodents just have stock in the company?