Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Road to Ridiculousness

Last night I finished reading the very excellent book "The Road", by Cormac McCarthy (seriously, go read it ASAP). The book was a birthday gift from my brother-in-law who I shall refer to as Miguel, as that is his extra-comical alter ego. Here is the actual transcript of a text message conversation I had with Miguel yesterday about the book.

me: OMG that book is SO good! I'm almost finished and i really want to read the rest right now but I have to work :(

Miguel: I told you!!! We will have to see the movie when it comes out!

me: btw, I didn't really enjoy the image of a headless baby charring on a spit. There is some seriously gruesome stuff in that story!

Miguel: Neither did I! But it's the only source of food! I hear it tastes like dolphin!

me: You're never babysitting.

Miguel: My plan worked!

me: I knew you were up to something! :) dolphin is pretty yummy, btw

Miguel: That's why they put it in tuna!

I should mention that Miguel is an artist and he has an online store at Etsy where he sells pretty cool t-shirts. Just sayin'. Click here to check it out...

1 comment:

Jay said...

I liked it too, me too , me too!