Wednesday, August 30, 2006

(from dooce.com):
I just never got around to it because other things kept getting in the way. Like air.

There really is no excuse for this, only that I used to approach all my school work in exactly the same way. I’d write papers three hours before they were due, study for tests as I walked to the room where they were being given, finish my homework as the teacher was collecting it. I performed best under that kind of pressure, and my teachers often told me that they wished all their students would work as hard as I did. If I could patent my technique I would call it Laziness™.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I think it is this feature of my personality that has lead me to experience near-Catholic levels of guilt for the greater part of my life.

4 comments:

karaokekitty said...

I couldn't agree more, as I try to finish my entire thesis project in one month! Now how's that for procrastination?

Jennifer said...

"near-Catholic levels of guilt"

LMAO! Girl, you are too much.

Kat E said...

Kitty, you know that by using this highly effective method, you will have the BEST THESIS EVER WRITTEN!

Jennifer, I'm always happy to provide a laugh (especially when it's not at my expense)! ;)

Mary Beth said...

Yeah, whatever. You're still smarter than those of us who slogged for weeks on assignments, trying to perfect them, turning them in only to get a slightly above-average grade.